The Times of London has an article about Robert Mugabe's latest attempt to stave off the inevitable and hold on to power in Zimbabwe. The man has lost the election, even after he used government-controlled police and broadcasters, and widely reported voter fraud, in an attempt to steal it. What does it take to get a dictator out of power?
Zimbabwe is at the point of moving from a pseudo-democracy, to possibly becoming a real one. Will there have to be a second revolution, with all its attendant loss of life and property, or will the ballot box results be sufficient to move Mugabe out of office? We are seeing a defining moment in the history of Africa. A moment that could change a continent and the world.
My Blog List
Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(29)
-
▼
April
(26)
- You have to be an idiot not to watch TED Talks
- This is what capitalism is all about
- Head scratching time
- But, is it art? Or narcissism?
- Is this the 12th century?
- Brewer must stop using 'Legal Weed' bottle caps
- This is some deal
- Fistfight at Jesus' Tomb
- Only in Canada, eh?
- Radio Deliro: c'est ci bon
- Perfume bloggers are raising a stink
- A tale of lost innocence
- Redeeming Iran
- I went to Montreal in a cheap car and all I got wa...
- Oz never did give nothing to the tin man
- On “wittiness” in Shakespeare and grouchiness in me
- If you have a brain you should read Racalicious
- Help, it's been a hard day's night
- The force is not with her
- The left, the right, and the ugly
- You can't catch AIDS from an airplane
- The Cult of the Hierarch
- Jackson Pollock was our first satellite imaging de...
- For God's sake go!
- Reading Hazlitt is like an Aqua Velva Slap
- Is Blogging dangerous to your health?
-
▼
April
(26)
No comments:
Post a Comment