My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Web site lists bounties for bin Laden and others

Rewards For Justice is a US government web site which lists the bounties on the heads of various terrorists and other enemies of America. At the top of the list are Usama bin Laden and Abu Mus’ab Al-Zarqawi, who are going for $25 million US each. Al-Zarqawi’s bounty has been recently increased.
I don’t quite know what to make of it. The photos of all those Middle Eastern faces set off thoughts of racial profiling. Who would make use of this site? Is somebody sitting at home looking for a get rich quick scheme? Will somebody who stumbles across it think, “isn’t that Mr. Jones who moved in down the street?”

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: