My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Friday, November 11, 2005

In Joy and Sorrow: Kurk Vonnegut and John Fowles

Today (November 11) is Kurt Vonnegut's birthday. Here is how one blog is celebrating it: Backwards City: Happy Birthday, Wanda Jane
How fitting that the author of Slaughterhouse Five, one of the classic antiwar novels, was born on the anniversary of the end of WWI.
Sadly, earlier this week we lost John Fowles. Here is the BBC story. The French Lieutenant's Woman is his masterpiece, but I've always had a soft spot for The Collector, and taught it several times in my former life.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: