My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

One execution every 10 days in the US

CNN is predicting that the 1,000th execution since the Gary Gilmore execution in 1976 lifted a 10 year long moratorium in the States will take place within the next week. The article mentions two or three likely candidtates for the milestone event.
I have two reactions to the story. First, sadness that such a wonderful people as the citizens of the US could tolerate this situation. And second, thankfulness that I live in another country.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: