My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Whatever du jour

One of the more interesting mainstays of the web is the "Of the day" site. You know, "Quote of the Day", "SAT Question of the Day", that sort of thing. A google search for the phrase "of the day" returned 180 million hits. Even if that doesn't translate into 180 million sites, you can bet there are hundreds, if not thousands, of them dedicated to doling out a nugget trivia relating to some subject or phenomenon every twenty-four hours. Among the more unusual are the Cruel Site of the Day and the Positive quote of the Day.
For a time I seriously considered creating a blog called "'Of the Day' Of the Day". Every day it would present a different "Of the Day" site. But then I did a Google search for stupid site of the day and changed my mind. The web can be a cruel place.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: