My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

One of my favourite things: NY Times100 Notable Books of the Year

You know the year is winding down when the New York Times lists its 100 Notable Books of the Year . I always read the list carefully and make sub lists of things I want to read. And then I check my local library's online catalogue to see which ones are in. Only a few ever are and those are hard to borrow because there are always people who have put "holds" on them. It's one of the downsides of living in a small town with a small library.
If a book is really calling out to me to buy it, I include it in my ever expanding Amazon wishlist. I will never have enough money to buy all of the books on the wishlist, nor a long enough life to read them even if I did.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: