My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Let me make this perfectly clear

In a Boxing Bay article in the Washington Post, Howard Kurtz reports on how US President Bush has summoned newspaper editors to the White House to urge them not to publish stories which he feels are harmful to national security.
The real issue, of course, is the independence of the American press, balanced against its duty to operate within the law. The real, real issue is the danger of the government using its power to censor stories that cause it political embarrassment.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: