My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Pinter's Nobel Acceptance Speech

Harold Pinter has used his Nobel acceptance speech as an occasion to blast US foreign policy. Although the speech is outspoken, it is nowhere near as audacious as his 1966 interview with The Paris Review:
  • The other night I watched some politicians on television talking about Vietnam. I wanted very much to burst through the screen with a flamethrower and burn their eyes out and their balls off and then inquire from them how they would assess this action from a political point of view.
Here's a link to the latest news coverage of the speech Google Search: pinter "nobel speech"

Update:You can hear Pinter's speech on the Nobel prize site.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: