My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Brewer must stop using 'Legal Weed' bottle caps

The caption 'legal weed“ cannot be used on the caps of a beer made in Weed, California. This ruling from the US Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau was made to protect consumers from being ”mislead“ about the contents of the beer. In other words, so that they would not think it contained marijuana.

The decision is indicative of how the little guy, in this a microbrewery, is subjected to excessive, and unjustified, regulation which is not applied to larger companies. The same federal agency has not, to date, ordered Budweiser to stop using ”this Bud's for you“ as a slogan.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: