My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Sunday, April 06, 2008

For God's sake go!

The Times of London has an article about Robert Mugabe's latest attempt to stave off the inevitable and hold on to power in Zimbabwe. The man has lost the election, even after he used government-controlled police and broadcasters, and widely reported voter fraud, in an attempt to steal it. What does it take to get a dictator out of power?
Zimbabwe is at the point of moving from a pseudo-democracy, to possibly becoming a real one. Will there have to be a second revolution, with all its attendant loss of life and property, or will the ballot box results be sufficient to move Mugabe out of office? We are seeing a defining moment in the history of Africa. A moment that could change a continent and the world.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: