My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This is some deal

Pakistan Taleban praise release, runs the BBC headline. The Pakistani government has released an elderly militant after several years in prison in the hope that he will return to his faction and broker some sort of peace deal.
His followers welcome his release and say they will stop fighting with the Pakistani government when President Musharraf resigns, the government stops being pro-American, Islamic law is enforced in the tribal areas, and NATO leaves Afghanistan. Thank goodness they are so flexible.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: