My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fistfight at Jesus' Tomb

BBC NEWS says that a fight broke out between priests from the Greek and Armenian Orthodox churches near the tomb of Jesus. Worshippers were gathered for Orthodox Palm Sunday celebrations when the fracas occurred.

Unconfirmed reports are that it all began with one priest accusing another of being “slow on the draw” when it came to buying the next round of communion wine. Things escalated to beard pulling and comments of “so's your bishop”. Police were beaten back by palm frond waving parishioners. Order was eventually restored. Two priests face charges of aggravated schismaticism.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: