My Blog List

Here is a blog where I post links to things I've been reading on the web. From time to time I'll also add comments. And I invite comments from anyone out there. Comment on the readings, comment on the comments, comment on my comments. Fly at it!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The force is not with her

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police have a worldwide reputation for honour and valor. Today, the Parliament of Canada has cited the Deputy Commissioner of the RCMP, Barbara George, with contempt of Parliament. For you non-Canadians, this means that the number two person in our national police force has been called a liar by our politicians. Her punishment could include anything from censure to jail time, though the latter is highly unlikely.

The situation invites all sorts of sarcasm. Politicians accusing someone else of dishonesty? A cop lying on the stand?

George, who comes across as not the brightest bulb in the lighting store, is quoted as saying that this episode had affected her job prospects. Do ya think, eh?

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: